Friday, September 6, 2019

Sunflower Shangri-la in Tokyo

Sure, sunflowers aren't as sought-after and ephemeral as the cherry blossoms/sakura but they are as gorgeous... and they make me happy! I have been to sunflower fields before (both in Japan and in my home country, Philippines) but this is probably the first time that I've been to a huuuuuuge sunflower farm. My eyes feasted over the vast golden field, thanking the glaring sun for the first time (more than loathing it- I always do haha)  because it made the sunflowers glisten more. It's a shangri-la in every sense- a utopia, at least when I was there. *wink*

Here are the photos I managed to take in between happily-shrieking due to excitement and taking deep breaths because again, I was that excited lol!

























Wew! That was over a 100,000 sunflowers all in one place! They also offer sunflower-picking services where you pay for a thousand yen if I'm not mistaken and you can personally pick and cut the sunflowers in the field! There were also food stalls and shops near the entrance where you can eat kakigori and such, as well as buy sunflower-themed things like pouches, fans, and magnets!

This festival might have ended already as of writing but fret not cos it's an annual festival in the city of Kiyose! And what's better? Going to the field is free! Make sure to check out the deets below before coming next year! *wink*

Kiyose Sunflower Festival
 (清瀬ひまわりフェスティバル)
Dates/Hours: August 17-24, 2019  (around this time of the year, varies), 9:00AM-4:00PM
Access: 10min by bus from Kiyose Station via Greentown Kiyodo bus stop, taxi from Kiyose Station around ¥800 one way
Fee: Free

xx, 
Alyssa





No comments:

Post a Comment