Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sakura Days

The past few weeks have been devoted to sakura- or cherry blossom-chasing. Having been living in Tokyo for almost four years now, I came to learn that those beauties don't last very long, usually two weeks max. A Japanese conversation student of mine taught me the Japanese word hakanai (はかない), which can be used to describe sakura/cherry blossoms for it means fleeting

Weird as it may sound but since I'm such a fan of cherry blossoms, whenever it rains, I literally utter a little prayer to the flower gods if there really are any haha to not take the cherry blossoms away, not just yet. With that said, I took every chance I get to visit a park or just even go outside our house for some sakura fix.  

And everything is historyyyyyy~ 

Here's a sakura photo dump for ya and well, some sakura wisdom sprinkles I've picked up along the way, which I think might be helpful for your soul! Enjoy! ♥

{ UENO PARK }





Don't let the thought of a moment being short hinder you from enjoying it. Instead, try to make the most out of it. 

{ YOYOGI PARK }









Let loose. Play with the fallen petals. Indulge in that hanafubuki happening right in your very eyes. Even if others find it ridiculous, go for it. 

{ MEGUROGAWA }











You are beautiful when you are whole, you are still beautiful even when you are broken. The cherry blossoms are proof. You are beautiful in your own way.


{ SAKURASHINMACHI, SETAGAYA }









It's okay to be a late bloomer, sometimes. 


 { TACHIKAWA }








+++

Weeeew, that's a lot! And as if it's not enough, I'm gonna end this post with a compilation of sakura clips I was able to take this spring to remember the fleeting yet wonderful sakura days! ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment