Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Life, Lately: Oh February, You're So Fine

And just like that, February ended. I can't fathom how fast this year has been going for me. How did those 28 days go unnoticed? I guess I was the only one who didn't really pay attention... my camera roll says otherwise. 

Continuing January's theme of *lay-lowing on life*, here were the things that made it hard for me to stick to that theme lol

⎡Valentine's Day⎦
An excuse to have dinner at La Boheme Qualita in Shibuya a.k.a. our go-to date place. I've lost track of the celebrations Kenji and I shared in this place (or rather in this restaurant chain, they have other branches where we have gone to before) but ya get that idea that it's "that" place for us heh~ Since we both grew up in the Philippines, we still have not accustomed ourselves to how the Japanese celebrate this day when girls give chocolates and whatnot to the boys. Kenji and I sorta exchanged gifts but we stood away from chocolates (I'm not really fond of them lol)




⎡K-pop Dance Classes at Otoya⎦
If you know me from college, you'd know I love k-dramaaaa! And later on, learned to love k-pop as well. I started listening to that genre back when people still cringe at it, now I don't care anymore if they still cringe- to each his own ha~ But yeah, now I'm into it more than ever, to the point of wanting to dance to the songs lol. I started random dance lessons summer last year and it was something I'm glad I started doing because the stretchings are great. Stretchings before the dance lesson proper are the only stretchings I do (I'm lazy af) haha. The catchy songs and cute steps are just bonuses! This month I got to go to three dance lessons! Still not good at it but I sure had fun!


⎡Onsen and Chill⎦
Went to an onsen somewhere near Shimmura-Sakaue Station and stayed the whole day dipping in the numerous baths, eating, being massaged by uhm massage chairs haha, and sleeping. Such a chill way to spend time and heal!


⎡Setagaya Ume Matsuri/ Setagaya Plum Festival⎦ Hanegi Park, Setagaya
I took a day off for the sake of using my paid leaves cos I haven't used one throughout the year. With that said, I tapped my childhood friend for some catching-up under the pretty plum trees. Glad we were blessed with a very fine day; Totoro even joined us~






So yeah, that was February for me (okay, those above plus work)! Can't wait for the second half of March! Why? You'll see in the next Life, Lately update! See ya! ♡

xx,
Alyssa

*****
Follow me on Instagram for more Japan travel and life photos and stories: 

No comments:

Post a Comment