Friday, November 1, 2019

Life, Lately: My October + Shibuya Halloween 2019

I failed to write last month's Life, Lately. I was too stubborn to even lift a finger. Probably the gloomy weather was to blame but no, I was just really stubborn lol. But yeah, here I am once again~


First things first, I started going to Sophia University to study Japanese (Advanced Beginner level.) *confetti* I have long wanted to study Japanese cos I'm soooo bad at it and I think I really need to learn now if I want to advance my career and my *life* lol. I couldn't study before due to a lot of reasons: (1) I don't want to and I don't really need it for my job, (2) It is expensive, and (3) I cannot quit my full-time job + part-time job and most classes take up half/whole day. But I woke up one day with the urge of studying it for my own sake so I started looking for a class that works for my current work schedule and then saved up for the tuition fee. I figured, albeit late, that I really need to know and be able to use Japanese cos hellooooo, I'm here in Japan and I think I'm staying for good. I just have to sacrifice my プレイ時間 (play time aka travel/museum/relax/etc. time) to study but guess it will be worth it in the end. I hope. *fingers crossed* I'm on my fourth week as of writing and I'm enjoying it- I'm continuously challenged and I loooove our pretty building so much! So superficial lol but yup, the environment makes me want to go to school, if that makes sense heh~



October also got me early Christmas presents in the form of visits of friends from the Philippines! I met three people, one of which was a classmate from high school, while the other two were orgmates from college. It always feels soooo great having visitors here cos I get to feel *Philippines* and talk in my native Filipino language! Such a breath of fresh air!



Also, I went to the Van Gogh Exhibit at Ueno Royal Museum with mama and Kenji. Not my first time going to a Van Gogh exhibit but like the previous ones, I'm left in awe. Van Gogh is really the man! No wonder him and his works are well-loved in Japan! The exhibit was small and it only took us less than two hours to check everything out so we decided to wander around Ameyoko. Fun timezzzzz, definitely!





Annual Halloween Event at work was busy but fun! This is the time of the year that I'm an extra proud momma of my kids/students for braving the stage and doing their best performing! We also did trick or treat and gave lots of sweets! The teachers brought home some too! Afterwards, some of my workmates and I went to Rakeru for some Alice in Wonderland-inspired omurice!



Last but not the least, Shibuya Halloween!!!👻🎃 I go yearly cos I like dressing up a lot and Halloween is one of those times I won't be judged if I do lol! This year, I went twice! Yup twice! First with my stationery lover friends Kaila and Julie and we went as stationery, of course! I was a washi girl, Kaila was a Hobonichi journal, and Julie was a post girl! We took purikura (a must lol), took pictures on the street while we were still fresh, had heart-to-heart talks over Gongcha milk tea, ate dinner at TGI Fridays, walked from Harajuku to Shibuya, took pictures at our home aka LoFT Shibuya, and then mixed in the fun with people clad in costumes! Fuuuuuun night!




Second was with Kenji, his workmate Alim, and Alim's friend. I went as Eevee (again), Kenji as Snorlax, and Alim as Sasuke! We went on the actual Halloween day and as expected, Shibuya was packed! It was fun though! One of the very rare days in a year that you can get away talking to strangers without being creepy lol! We took purikura of course, and looooots of pictures with everyone! Fuuuun!



Check out my Instagram (@alyssashimode)  for more photos! 


Soooo, that was my October! How was yours? Hope you had a wonderful month! Let's enjoy November and please look forward to another update from me!♡


xx,

Alyssa


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa! I've been following your blog and instagram for awhile now. And you mentioned that you're taking Nihongo classes so just a quick question! Is the Genki book only available in Japan? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Janna! Thank you for the support on my blog and IG! This makes me happy hihi! As for the Genki book, I bought mine at Kinokuniya bookstore here in Tokyo but I've seen it being sold on Amazon, as well. You might wanna check that out. 😊

      Delete