Sunday, November 17, 2019

Hello, Bye, Anata No Warehouse!👾

Go around Tokyo (and throughout Japan) and for sure you'll see at least one arcade or game center like Taito and Club Sega to name a few. I guess Japanese people love their games and claw cranes (purikura, too) and it shows- whenever I pass by a game center, it's often crowded and noisy. Japanese people are into themes, too. Themed cafes sprout everywhere, even themed hotels (aka love hotels *wink*). 


But themed arcade? Can't think of anything except for one: Anata No Warehouse near Kawasaki Station, an hour or so shy away from Tokyo but its spacious five-floored building with lots of games to engage at plus its Kowloon Walled City-inspired interiors are worth the travel! I wanted to go waaaay before but I'm probably like most people who were hesitant to travel far for an arcade. Just look at the photos the beau and I took during our first and last visit! Yup, last because it's closing down and today, 11/17/2019, is your last chance to visit it! *tears*



Even the facade of the building is true to the theme inside it.



Entrance. The door opens on its own and there were sound and wind effects. People before me kept on screaming cos of those lol!







During our visit, there were lots of people participating in a mystery event of some sort. They were looking everywhere and answering pamphlets~ 





Welcome to Kowloon Walled City, Hong Kong! 



I gasped when I saw this! It looked so real and being there felt like I was transported to a different place! Hands down to the people behind the design of this place!





Even the vending machine is in character lol









Old school games omg~ I used to play a similar game on my Nintendo Famicom! 懐かしい〜











We went up the third floor and saw these up close! So detailed! Love everything!!!






On the 4th floor were more games and the 5th floor had table tennis and billiard tables, as well as dart boards. We didn't stay long because of the big crowd and it's getting late. But of course, before we bid our goodbye to this warehouse...



I had to take a photo with this iconic area of Anata No Warehouse. If you search this place via Instagram tags, most of the pictures you'll see are the ones with this very thing. Contrary to my initial thought that this can be found at the entrance of the building, this is actually at the exit near the parking lot lol! The shape reminded me of  a bagua/pa kua- something related to Taoist cosmology.


I wish I went sooner! But I'm still glad I was able to see this place before it's gone! 


Arigatou and sayonara, Anata No Warehouse! You were such an amazing entertainer for tired souls like me who just needed some fresh air to breathe and enjoy for even just a short time! For sure, your patrons will miss you and they'll relive their fondest memories in your abode!


Have you ever been to this place? If yes, what are your fondest memories here? I wanna know! Mind sharing below? ♡


xx,

Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment