Monday, April 16, 2012

The Happy Pills

Since my first major heartbreak, I have always wondered what would it be like if happy pills exist; the ones you get over the counter, pop in your mouth and voila, you are happy in an instant. I don't know if there really are pills like those but in my side of the earth, I haven't came across with those yet. Or maybe I have been, that is why I don't need those kind of pills anymore.

And yes I think I might have been. I thought of what Claire gave us after her 21st birthday celebration over bottles of beer and videoke. A tiny corked bottle and in it were pills with faces drawn on the surface. Claire said it is her simple thank you gift (ironic, eh?) to us, ABBCD (Alyssa-Bea-Bessie*-Claire-Danica). Inside each pill was a little piece of paper with handwritten notes.


2011 was a good year for me, partly because I was reconnected to these people. This made me realize that though happiness is a choice and I can be happy on my own, I also have my human happy pills for back up-- those that I can call, meet or tweet whenever and wherever. And I hope that wherever we ought to go after college, the connection would still be there, tight as always.

*Bessie = Prince

1 comment: