Sunday, September 23, 2012

Taking Shelter

When I am feeling at my lowest, retail therapy always, always does the trick. These past few weeks were tough for me that when I was asked by a close friend to join her in this fun shoot thing she and her photog friend is planning, I counted myself in. Oh the thrill of doing something not acad-related! Thanks, Nina and Kuya DR for this wonderful experience! :-)

My version of a line from Ricky Lee's novel Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata which goes something like:
"Tinalikuran ko siya. Sa dalas ng pagtalikod ko sa kanya puro likod na ata ako."

The look: Forever 21 lace fit and flare dress, Figlia brown strappy heels, vintage owl necklace from Pop Culture

Awkward poses. But I love these cos I look so happy. :)






Veranda Shot #1

Veranda Shot # 2
Veranda Shot # 3
(Made this as my Facebook display picture! Mehehe! :3)

Veranda Shot # 4

Veranda Shot # 5

Included this here cos I love the lace and tattoo combi. :)

They say when a door closes, a window opens. Maybe this is the window they are talking about. Maybe this window was really what I needed then to breathe in fresh air and shake of the negative vibes in my system. Maybe all I needed was a little break from the familiar and take shelter in my anything-I-am-not bubble even for just a brief while.

And now I am back. Scarred, yes, but not scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment