Saturday, December 28, 2013

MIND-FART#8

I just finished reading the first book of Colleen Hoover's Hopeless series and some lines just get through me even though my life was, is and will not be the same as that of Sky.

On endings:
It's real, Six. You can't get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. It's the fake, happily ever afters that should piss you off.

On hate:
When you aren't sure what it is you hate or why you hate it, it's hard to hold on to the details... you just hold on to the feelings.

On choices:
Sometimes, you have to choose between a bunch of wrong choices and no right ones. You just have to choose which wrong choice feels the least wrong.

On defeats:
And while I could sit here and feel sorry for myself, wondering why all of this happened to me, I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to wish for a perfect life. The things that knock you down in life are tests, forcing you to make a choice between giving in and remaining in the ground or wiping the dirt off and standing up even taller. I'll probably get knocked down a few more times before this life is through with me, but I'll guarantee you, I'll never stay on the ground.

I even wrote these lines on my 2014 planner so that I can be reminded that whatever I may be thrown with at in the coming days or months, I need to get a grip of myself, always.

Now, my hands are on to the next book. Yaaaaay.❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment