Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Frenemy (Part 1)

I stumbled upon this site and decided that since I'm not doing anything productive these past few days, I might as well have some decent conversation with this frenemy in my head; frenemy cos at times it's very convenient to have it around, however sometimes it's a pain in the a** trap.

  • How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? The way that I'm acting right now, maybe I'm nearing 18. A girl in a small town with big dreams wanting to be a woman in every sense of the word. Very thirsty for but quite unsure of life.
  • Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying, I guess? Though failure is a real bitch, it  anchors my feet on the ground. Failing at times gains you more, like, wanting to do good for something, challenging yourself, that sort of stuff. Never trying means I'm accepting defeat without a goddamn fight.
  • If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Experience. How can we know we don't like a thing if we haven't even tried it yet, right? And as for me, I wanna experience everything this world has to offer. So I'm not complaining whether life is short, I just have to savor everything and do all I can with the time given to me.
  • What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? People's hearts. If we could all be more compassionate, maybe this world would be a happier place to be in.
  • If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Making others rich, too.
  • Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Honestly, now, I'm settling for what I'm doing cos I don't have quite a choice. But one day, when I've gathered all I need and can confidently say I can, I will.
  • If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would bluntly express my love for my family and those dear to me. Cos right now, I'm not that vocal. And I would hold on to that one person that would make my knees weak and my heart flutter. After having my heart broken years ago, I always thought that love can wait, that I must steer away from the love path for the mean time and focus on what needs to be done for myself and my family. If the average human life span's 40 years, I would marry early and have a good life with my husband, children and grand kids. :)
  • To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Most of the time I'm out of control but I'm coping.
  • Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things.
  • You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? I wouldn't respect and admire them in the first place if their mouths are full of criticisms. I would say something that I think I must say.
  • If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Stumble and fall, but always get up.
  • Would you break the law to save a loved one? Yes.
  • Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Yes. I am a walking example. Ha ha!
  • What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Think?
  • How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? We are all entitled to our own happiness. And I respect that.
  • What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back? Helmet-diving, as of the time being, cos I have this fear of closed spaces.
  • Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes, memories. End of story.
  • If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Paris. It's full of charm.

  • Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No. And no.
  • Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton, enough said.
  • Why are you, you? I eat Indian mangoes with fish sauce with sugar. 
  • Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Yes, at times and I'm trying to be that kind all the time however resources don't permit at times.
  • Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend who's just a step away.
  • What are you most grateful for? The chance to live.
Photo from I Can Read's Tumblr.


I've read somewhere that asking the right questions at times, is the answer. But it's always up to us, anyway. Oh whatever. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment