Monday, May 28, 2012

What A Wonderful World

 I see trees of green, red roses, too. I see them bloom for me and you. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.  

Can't help but sing Louis Armstrong's song while roaming around Showa Kinen Park. Good thing I ditched my usual routine of staying in front of my laptop for hours and went here instead. Truly worth it. :-)

One of the numerous park entrances. This was the Nishi-Tachikawa entrance, just a few walks from the eki station.

Ticket. Entrance fee costs ¥400 for adults.

Numerous stores are scattered inside the park where snacks, hats, and souvenirs can be bought. This soft cream cone costs ¥250.

Park map. 

Paddle boats can be also rented for ¥700 for 30 minutes. 


This duck really gave me a hard time taking photos of it. Haha.

This is a carp, I think? 

With Mama after our paddle boat ride. 

Showa Kinen Park also has swimming pools inside. Perfect for the sunny Saturday afternoon.




Haha! Sorry for this. I looked like shit. But yeah, I wanted to do this when I saw those cylinder stones. :>

The bridge between the pool area and the Cherry Blossom Lane.

Cherry Blossom Lane without cherry blossoms. :| I should've gone here in April or early May to see cherry blossoms in full bloom.  Next year, maybe.

Crows in the BBQ area.

For those who can't stand roaming around the park by foot, you can ride trains like these inside. :)

The park also has fields for baseball, disc golf, basketball, etc.


I wanted to go to Showa Kinen because of this.

Whoaaaaaa.



Met this cute and sweet dog. Hi. :>

I don't know this little guy but he still smiled when I aimed to take a picture of him. Kawaii desu ne! :>

Playground for kids and kids at heart.

I really wanted to try this. However my shyness won over. Hahaha.

One of the trains roaming around the park.
This is where the Winter Vista Illumination takes place during December. 

Breathtaking, ain't it?

At the park exit-Tachikawa.

Hello brother! He wasn't able to come with us because of his part-time job and he really didn't want to because he had been there several times already. So he just fetched us there after his shift.
I'll definitely go back here and see with my own eyes the Winter Vista Illumination! Looking forward to that!  How's your weekend, btw? Hope it was great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment